Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry is own weight, this is a frightening prospect.Eleanor Roosevelt
- Are you unwilling to sweep a floor?
- Are you unwilling to dig with a shovel?
- Are you unwilling to clean up a mess, that you didn’t make?
- Are you unwilling to get dirty?
- Are you unwilling to clean a toilet?
- Are you unwilling to clean a table after people eat?
- Are you unwilling to sweat?
- Are you unwilling to be corrected when you do something wrong?
- Are you unwilling to watch and learn from someone with probably a lot more experience than you?
- Are you unwilling to admit a mistake, and make it right?
- Are you unwilling to show up early?
- Are you unwilling to stay late?
I hear from many employers about these kinds of attitudes from the people they hire. Work can be hard. It doesn’t always have to be, but it often is. When you begin something new, a job, career, learning a new skill or process it takes a certain mindset. Simply put, someone who IS willing. Being new, learning a new thing, starting at the bottom doesn’t last forever. Having a willing attitude makes all the difference, for the rest of your life. In everything you do.
Unless you are unwilling.
I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did recording it! Please let me know what you think! Also, I would love to stay in touch with you and keep you informed about the latest podcasts and articles!