The Big Problem.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.”
― Charles Bukowski
The Deseret News National Edition fills a void in the American media landscape through rigorous journalism for family- and faith-oriented audiences.
Today I searched for some current news about the skilled trades and/or the skills gap.
I found Nothing
That is a really big problem for such a really big problem.
Then I found this article about millennials. So, in this episode, I cover this article that I just linked above. I tie the listed problems DIRECTLY to the big problem at hand related to the skills gap. And the fact that hardly ANYONE is talking about it. Listen in , and enjoy!
Here are my counterpoints to the problems listed in this very good article.
- Get paid WHILE YOU WORK and LEARN!!
- Absolutely NO entry level jobs are scarce!
- See number 2, and what trades employers want to see are hustle, work ethic and Moxie!
- Fast rate of experience building and wage increases.
- Skills Gap, this is the BIG PROBLEM!
- Skilled Trades, work and have no student loan debt!
- Just Go To WORK! Life experience exemplifies your dreams!
OH, by the way, I was interviewed on ANOTHER podcast! Go say hi to my friend Lauren. Here is the link to her site! http://www.higherscorestestprep.com/category/the-college-checklist-podcast/
I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did recording it! Please let me know what you think! Also, I would love to stay in touch with you and keep you informed about the latest podcasts and articles!