“The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and starting on the first one.” ― Mark Twain
Interview with Robert Dailey
Robert Dailey was inspired to write in after hearing the Ron Paulk interview on this show. He is a young entrepreneur in the great state of Texas, working at developing his finish carpentry and wood working business. After a few emails I invited Robert to be interviewed for the show. I enjoyed hearing Robert’s story and about the direction of his business.
I think you will to.
In this interview we hear Robert discuss:
- His journey with education and college.
- He talks about his introduction to the trades and homebuilding that sparked his interest in pursuing it as a career.
- He discusses much about finance and its impact on a young family man looking to start a business full time.
- Insight into the importance of the relationship with your spouse or significant other, and how it impacts, well, everything
- Balancing working a day job and trying to run a side business, the pros, cons and pitfalls
- We ask Robert the ever so fun question “Where do you see yourself in five years?” The answers are fantastic, and give lots of insight
- Areas of concern and possible improvement
- Robert gives a message to parents thinking about their kids future as well as insight to someone who is either about to jump into college or is already there.
- Ideas of how to pursue media and build a portfolio
- How to learn and find mentors
As I say on the show, this was a great interview. Here are the links to the resources mentioned on this episode, as well as Robert’s own website. Go by there and give him a shout out!
- Mr. Money Mustache, a personal finance and lifestyle blog can be found at http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/
- Radical Personal Finance with Joshua Sheats is the BEST finance show on the internet, hands down! http://radicalpersonalfinance.com/
- Robert’s own website can be found here: http://www.daileywoodworks.com/
Thanks for listening! This show would not exist without you. I would like to stay in touch with you. I regularly send out helpful business and marketing strategies and ideas to help you make a great plan to better your business. Know this. I will never share your email or info with anyone else.